Re: WebApps' new charter has been approved

From: Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:51:46 +0200
To: public-webapps@w3.org
On 4/27/12 3:07 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Yesterday the Director announced WebApps' new charter [Charter] was
> approved so thanks to all that helped with the chartering effort.
>
> I added all of the new specs to our [PubStatus] page and made a couple
> of tweaks to the group's [WorkMode] wiki.

Hi,

The "Screen Orientation API" is now listed as "View Orientation API".
I do not really understand why this change has been made. I could
understand that "Screen Orientation" might be confusing with
"DeviceOrientation" but "View Orientation" isn't really making that
easier to understand.
In addition, the "Screen Orientation API" is about getting and locking
the entire device's screen, not the application view. Using "View"
instead of "Screen" might make this intent very unclear.

What was the reasons behind this renaming?

Thanks,
--
Mounir