Re: [XHR] Authentication prompt during send()

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:12:04 +0200
To: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "Hobbs, Timothy" <Timothy.Hobbs@ca.com>
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:00:45 +0200, Hobbs, Timothy <Timothy.Hobbs@ca.com>
wrote:
> Does this mean that if we had tests we could get the browsers to follow
> the spec or does this mean that the spec is going to describe the
> existing (imo incorrect) behaviour?
> I'm interested in having the behaviour described in the spec, not the
> actual behaviour that browsers are showing.

It means there would be a reasonable chance of changing the browsers that
are not complying, yes. I think everyone wants the behavior prescribed by
the specification and arguably the end user should never be prompted in
such scenarios as they have no idea what is going on.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/