Re: [webcomponents] HTML Parsing and the <template> element

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:45:34 -0400
To: Clint Hill <clint.hill@gmail.com>
Cc: Kornel Lesiński <kornel@geekhood.net>, public-webapps@w3.org
Earlier in this thread I mentioned "I expect, however, that there
might be larger ideas behind why not to
do this in the sense of web components or declarative MDV-like data binding..."

I guess this is mostly a question for Dimitri or Dominic, but:
<template> is used/referenced extensively in the Web Components
Explainer[1] -- I am wondering what using template to hold something
like a mustache template (which doesn't use an HTML-like syntax for
things like iterators and thus must be used "as a string") would mean
in the context of those proposals... How would it affect one's ability
to use custom elements, decorators, etc...?

- Brian

[1] - https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcomponents/raw-file/tip/explainer/index.html