Re: [DOM3 Events/DOM4] re-dispatching trusted events with initEvent

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 22:00:24 +0200, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 2:54 PM, Travis Leithead <
> travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Glenn, isTrusted is the indicator that helps the web developer
>> distinguish between an event fired by the UA, or one fired by JavaScript
>> (e.g., dispatchEvent).
>
> I know what it does; I'm asking what its purpose is.  When is this
> useful?

FWIW, I too am interested in this. I included it in DOM4 because DOM Level
3 Events had it and I aimed for feature parity.

(Also, www-dom is actually the DOM mailing list, but I guess it does not
matter much...)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/