Re: [webcomponents] HTML Parsing and the <template> element

You musn't forget what we're not planning for. Templates can be great for
so many applications - generating code (JSON, Javascript), generating
plain-text or otherwise formatted (markdown, restructured text, etc.)
content and much more. I don't think templates should be parsed by DOM
unless explicitly requested. The simplest scenario should also be supported
imho, that is <script type="text/html"></script>-ish markup with access to
textContent.