Re: [EventSource] Make it available in Worker

Hi Glenn,

On 22/04/12 12:11, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Ivan Enderlin @ Hoa
> <w3c@hoa-project.net <mailto:w3c@hoa-project.net>> wrote:
>
>     Are they any reasons to not have the EventSource interface
>     available in a WorkerGlobalScope?
>
>     The W3C specifies that they must be no interface objects and
>     constructors in this scope [1],
>

> It's available in workers.
>
> "... except for the following:
> ... Constructors defined by specifications that explicitly say that
> they should be visible when the script's global object is a
> DedicatedWorkerGlobalScope, a SharedWorkerGlobalScope, or an object
> implementing the WorkerUtils interface"
>
> and http://dev.w3.org/html5/eventsource says:
>
> "This constructor must be visible when the script's global object is
> either a Window object or an object implementing the WorkerUtils
> interface."
>
>     and the MDN documentation confirms that [2]
>

> This is just a random sample of interfaces, not an exhaustive list.
Oh thanks, I didn't see that it was mentionned in the EventSource
specification. An exhaustive list would be welcome (probably in the
Worker specification), what do you think?

>     [3] http://w3.org/TR/eventsource/
>

> Always click the "latest editor's draft" link at the top to get to the
> version that everyone is actually using.  "TR" links are invariably
> out of date and incorrect.
Hum, damn. I thought “TR” redirected to the last version.

Thanks for your reply.
Cheers.

--
Ivan Enderlin
Developer of Hoa

PhD. student at DISC/Femto-ST (Vesontio) and INRIA (Cassis)
http://disc.univ-fcomte.fr/ and http://www.inria.fr/