Re: [XHR] XMLHttpRequest.send("")

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 20:03:30 -0400
To: public-webapps@w3.org
On 4/10/12 7:15 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> If I'm the only one who prefer the other behavior then we should stick
> to what the spec already says. I'll make sure Gecko maintains that
> behavior as we implement our new WebIDL bindings.

One note, though.  If we do want the current behavior, then I think that
it would make sense to change the IDL for send() to:

   void send(ArrayBuffer data);
   void send(Blob data);
   void send(Document data);
   void send(optional DOMString? data = null);
   void send(FormData data);

and change the text that currently says "If the data argument has been
omitted or is null" to "If the data argument is null".

That will make it much clearer to someone reading the IDL that passing
nothing has the same behavior as passing null.

-Boris