Re: [DOM4] Question about collections versus maps

On 4/10/12 5:05 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Agreed, but ES6 is making this easier with Object.keys() and for-of iteration.

Sort of.  for-of doesn't necessarily work on this stuff, as I understand.

> (Off the top of my head, I can't come up with a use-case for
> enumerating all flows in a page anyway, beyond editing environments or
> the like.)

That's a much stronger reason to go with a map, assuming the editing
environment use cases are not a concern.

Again, my point was that _if_ there are enumeration use cases then one
needs to worry about this stuff.  If there are no such use cases, then
clearly it doesn't matter whether the API supports enumeration well.

-Boris