New public mailing list for discussions on potential NFC work at W3C

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:39:32 +0100
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
At the suggestion of my W3C Team colleagues, I have created a new public
mailing list for discussions of potential W3C work on Near Field
Communications. The aim is to consider the scope, use cases and work
items for W3C work on NFC APIs. The mailing list archive is accessible
by anyone.

  Email address:
    public-nfc@w3.org

  Archived at:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-nfc/

If people think it appropriate I will ask for a new W3C wiki on NFC. Let
me know what you think.

At this point, there has been no decision on which existing or new
working group would deal with NFC, and your thoughts on where to address
NFC are welcome.

p.s. anyone will be able to subscribe to this list and participate in
the discussions without any commitment to the W3C Patent Policy. Such
commitments would however be necessary to participate in any W3C
Community Group or Working Group that we choose to set up to progress
this work further.