Shared workers - use .source instead of .ports[0] ?

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 17:25:35 +0200
To: "public-webapps@w3c.org" <public-webapps@w3c.org>
Hi,

In Opera Extensions we use something that resembles shared workers. One
modification is that the 'connect' event's source port is exposed in
.source instead of in .ports[0], to make it closer to the API for
cross-document messaging. Maybe we should make this change to Shared
Workers as well.

I think shared workers hasn't seen wide adoption yet, so maybe changes
like this are still possible.

What do people think?

currently:
onconnect = function(e) { e.ports[0].postMessage('pong') }

proposed change:
onconnect = function(e) { e.source.postMessage('pong') }

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software