RE: IndexedDB: calling IDBTransaction.objectStore() or IDBObjectStore.index() after transaction is finished?

On December 15, 2011 10:20 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Joshua Bell <jsbell@chromium.org>
> wrote:
> > Is there any particular reason why IDBTransaction.objectStore() and
> > IDBObjectStore.index() should be usable (i.e. return values vs. raise
> > exceptions) after the containing transaction has finished?
> >
> > Changing the spec so that calling these methods after the containing
> > transaction has finished raises InvalidStateError (or
> > TransactionInactiveError) could simplify implementations.
>
> That would be ok with me.
>
> Please file a bug though.
>
> / Jonas

Do we want to throw two Exceptions or one?
We currently throw a  NOT_ALLOWED_ERR for IDBTransaction.objectStore() and a TRANSACTION_INACTIVE_ERR for IDBObjectStore.index().

It seems that we could throw a TRANSACTION_INACTIVE_ERR for both.
What do you think?

Israel