Re: [FileAPI] createObjectURL isReusable proposal

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>wrote:

> I don't think we need interop for race conditions.

The platform generally tries to eliminate the possibility for race
conditions whenever possible.  It's not always possible, of course, but
adding a new category of races should be thought about carefully,
especially if all it takes to trigger it is "img1.src = img2.src = url".

Trying to use a one-time URL
> twice is supposed to go wrong and I don't think it necessarily has to go
> wrong
> in exactly the same way in all browsers. You might have the same problem
> based
> on when you call revokeObjectURL in applications today.

Can you give a specific example?  If there are cases where the spec allows
this to happen, it would help to see whether that's intentional or
something that should be fixed in the spec.

--
Glenn Maynard