Barewords in on* attributes, redux (also, find() and company)

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 02:36:44 -0500
To: public-webapps@w3.org
John Jensen here at Mozilla has been doing some web crawling trying to
find what barewords are used in on* attributes.

What I have so far as a result is a list of about 1.7 million barewords
used across several tens of thousands of pages.  If people are
interested in the exact methodology, I can probably get a description.
I'm working on making sure that it's ok for me to post the data in its
entirety so you can all look as well.  Assuming it is (very likely),
where's a good place to stick a 7MB compressed file?

In any case, for this particular data set there are no hits on "findAll"
or "matches" (good!), but there are two hits on "find" as a bareword in
an on* attribute.  Specifically:

1)  http://otc-pif.rbc.ru/pif_calculator/calculator.jsp has
onclick="find(document.getElementById(current + 'List').children,
searchString.value)"

2)  http://bookmark.people.com.cn/index.html has onclick="find()"

These would both obviously get broken by the proposed find() API, unless
we actually do some sort of workaround for this problem...

-Boris