Re: Web IDL sequence<T> and item() method

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 08:33:25 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
In DOM-4 WD, NodeList is now defined as an interface, and not using
sequence<T>. [1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/domcore/#interface-nodelist

>From what I can tell, WebIDL sequence<T> does not entail providing an
item() method, which effectively makes it unusable for any of the
pre-existing DOM interfaces with ECMAScript bindings. It may be worth
modifying WebIDL to generate an item() method in its ECMAScript binding.