Re: [XHR] chunked requests

On Dec 8, 2011, at 1:04 PM, Wenbo Zhu <wenboz@google.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com> wrote:
> I think the Web Sockets spec is intended for client to server sessions like this.
> WebSocket protocol isn't yet well-supported by proxies. Besides, all we need here is a throwaway RPC-like request/response, and it's a bit heavy duty to use WebSocket for this use case.

Isn't a chunked stream the anti-thesis of RPC? It looks like you're acknowledging WebSockets works while asking about what to do with current web infrastructure. It seems to me that current infrastructure is -mostly- Flash based and assumes a level of control over input: one can't send arbitrary information as a developer.. It has to be directly from a webcam or similar media stream.

Do you have specific examples of existing infrastructure you're hoping to support?

> As for the peer-to-peer communication, I imagine the WebRTC group is where you'll see more activity on this issue.
> WebRTC is mostly peer-to-peer UDP (e.g. RTP), and the client-to-client communication has nothing to do with either HTTP or WebSocket.

And MediaStream/Stream, which has to so with your request.