From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:09:34 +0100
To: Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au>
Cc: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, John Resig <jeresig@gmail.com>, Paul Irish <paulirish@google.com>
On 2011-10-20 10:14, Sean Hogan wrote:
> The primary use-case for matchesSelector() has been event-delegation,
> and this is the same for matches(). More specifically, consider the
> following scenario:
> jQuery adds a new event registration method that uses event delegation
> to mimic the behavior of:
> $(elem).find("> div > .thinger").bind(eventType, fn);
> The new method is called proxybind(), and the equivalent of the above is:
> $(elem).proxybind("> div > .thinger", eventType, fn);

I cannot find any documentation for proxybind() and it doesn't seem to
be in JQuery 1.7.1.  I found a proxy() method, but it doesn't seem to
match what you're talking about.

Also, the JQuery.is() method, which is the method similar to
.matchesSelector(), does not support any context node, and so it does
not work with .is(">.foo", context).

Could you provide some documentation for, or at least a version of
JQuery that implements proxybind?

Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software