From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:09:34 +0100
To: Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au>
Cc: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, John Resig <jeresig@gmail.com>, Paul Irish <paulirish@google.com>
On 2011-10-20 10:14, Sean Hogan wrote:
> The primary use-case for matchesSelector() has been event-delegation,
> and this is the same for matches(). More specifically, consider the
> following scenario:
>
> jQuery adds a new event registration method that uses event delegation
> to mimic the behavior of:
> $(elem).find("> div > .thinger").bind(eventType, fn);
> The new method is called proxybind(), and the equivalent of the above is:
> $(elem).proxybind("> div > .thinger", eventType, fn);

I cannot find any documentation for proxybind() and it doesn't seem to
be in JQuery 1.7.1.  I found a proxy() method, but it doesn't seem to
match what you're talking about.

http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.proxy/

Also, the JQuery.is() method, which is the method similar to
.matchesSelector(), does not support any context node, and so it does
not work with .is(">.foo", context).

Could you provide some documentation for, or at least a version of
JQuery that implements proxybind?

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/