Re: [cors] when a preflight goes bad

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:54:00 +0100
To: public-webapps@w3.org, "Benson Margulies" <bimargulies@gmail.com>
Cc: "Sergey Beryozkin" <sberyozkin@gmail.com>
On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 16:42:54 +0100, Benson Margulies
<bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> The spec for resource sharing never discusses a status code for a
> failed. It just says, 'terminate'.
>
> To me, this suggests that, if there is no other OPTIONS processing
> going on, the net result will be a NOT FOUND.
>
> For that matter, it occurs to me, even if the entire preflight is a
> success, the status code will still be not found, won't it, if there
> is no other OPTIONS handler for the resource?
>
> Am I misinterpreting?

There is no status code.
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/cors/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#cross-origin-request-status
is set to "network error" which is on the granularity of failed to
connect, unknown domain, etc.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/