Re: [XHR] responseType "json"

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 11:56:53 +0100
To: "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 14:00:26 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> I tied it to UTF-8 to further the fight on encoding proliferation and
> encourage developers to always use that encoding.

FYI, I also tied it to ECMAScript's definition of JSON, which has some
restrictions in place that the JSON RFC does not have. Given that
ECMAScript thus far had the only platform-based implementation of JSON it
made sense for XMLHttpRequest to follow that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/