Re: Enable compression of a blob to .zip file

On 12/4/11 12:33 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2011-12-03 19:43, Charles Pritchard wrote:
>> If there were a mime type that were more appropriate for
>> compressed/non-compressed use, would it simply be: "image/svg" ?
>
> I think the obvious choice would be "image/svgz", which should be
> really short, as it can be defined as gipped-wrapped image/svg+xml.

I'll try to get this continued in a decent manner on www-svg.

As for the root of this topic, compressing a blob --  I don't think
packaging should be done on the UA side. There are so many different
ways that zip archives are presented, if the UA were responsible, I'd
still need to go back to using work-arounds when I come across a zip
archive that has a flag unrecognized by the UA. I'd like to revisit the
issue later, as I would so very much like to see round trip base64 and
deflate methods exposed to the scripting environment.

-Charles