Re: [XHR] chunked

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:16:04 -0800
To: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
CC: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 11/30/11 6:04 PM, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 8:45 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com
> <mailto:chuck@jumis.com>> wrote:
>
>     I don't worry about character sets at all. I treat the content as
>     opaque.
>

> It doesn't sound like you're describing text processing at all, but
> binary processing of data that happens to contain text.

Right, for chunked encoding, I start by treating it as binary data, and
go from there.
So, I'm not a good source for the usefulness of chunked-text.

When I want text, I convert, but my default is more often to work with
buffers.

I think Jonas made a good point about multibyte boundaries in text.
That's not something that can be solved by a simple method:
str = UintToString(IntArrayBufferChunk);

But it can be solved simply by delegating it to XHR and a chunked-type
response.

My only requirement is for chunked-arraybuffer, but I didn't mean to
stand in the way of a chunked-text type.

-Charles