Re: [Selectors API 2] Is matchesSelector stable enough to unprefix in implementations?

Yehuda Katz
(ph) 718.877.1325

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:06 PM, John-David Dalton <
john.david.dalton@gmail.com> wrote:

> > so maybe we don't need a matchesSelector then?
>
> We totally need a matchesSelector. It's perfect for event delegation.
> In Diego Perini's NWMatcher his `match` method is what drives the lib.
> https://github.com/dperini/nwmatcher/blob/master/src/nwmatcher-base.js#L391

I totally agree that we need the feature. This discussion was only about
what to name it. The matchesSelector name fits better with
querySelectorAll, while bare matches fits with the proposed find/findAll
(which would be properly scoped).

Since I'm in favor of the find[All] APIs, I am also in favor of the matches
name :)