Web Components Explainer

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 14:22:27 -0800
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Dear public-webapps,

There were several productive component model discussions at TPAC,
resulting in good insights and new ideas. One such thing was creating
a good narrative that explains Web Components as a whole.

So I thought: perhaps I should write this document first and update it
as the spec take shape?

Thus, I present to you the Web Components Explainer:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcomponents/raw-file/tip/explainer/index.html

This document aims to provide a high-level, but fairly thorough
overview of Web Components for Web developers.

It also reflects a few changes along the way, in line with the
feedback from TPAC:

* No custom elements
* Declarative syntax
* Multiple shadow trees and their resolution
* Decorators!

Please look over the document and take the new, improved Web
Components for a (mental) spin. For your convenience, I also added a
simple way to file bugs on things that, well... bug you. I'll be
working through the bugs filed and updating the doc.

Together, we can make the component model more awesome!

:DG<