Re: XPath and find/findAll methods

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>wrote:

> On 2011-11-24 14:49, Robin Berjon wrote:
>
>> So, now for the money question: should we charter this?
>>

> Only if someone is volunteering to be the editor and drafts a spec.

Every task we take on in the working group has a cost. It makes it more
difficult to focus on other features and specs we want to see happen. I
would prefer that we focus on making css selectors richer instead of
extending xpath. I don't have new arguments to make beyond what's already
been said.

My strong preference would be that we not take on this work, but I won't
block it happening if someone is motivated to be the editor for it. I don't
expect there to be much interest from WebKit/Chromium to implement this
though.