Re: Remaining Problems with Explicit :scope Switching in find/findAll

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 10:08:24 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org
On 2011-11-25 03:58, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Alternately, assume that :matches() is eventually changed to allow
> complex selectors.  Using :scope there is completely fine.

I'm not sure what you mean.  The current spec for matchesSelector does
allow complex selectors as it's defined to accept a "group of selectors"
(selectors 3 terminology), which is equivalent to a selector list
(selectors 4).  But :scope is still only useful when ref nodes are supplied.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/