Re: XPath and find/findAll methods

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 16:12:38 +0100
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, public-webapps@w3.org
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
On Nov 24, 2011, at 15:34 , Julian Reschke wrote:
> So I believe it would be good if the yet-to-be-written spec would allow implementations to use an XPath2 engine that runs in compat mode.

Good as in there are use cases for it, or good just because? It seems to me that adding XPath 2.0 support is a non-negligible addition, and I have yet to hear about anyone being remotely interested in implementing it. So while attacking the low-hanging fruit of what we can get to work right today seems appealing to me, looking beyond that is IMHO not necessary.