Re: XBL2, Component Model and WebApps' Rechartering [Was: Re: Consolidating charter changes]

Hi Arthur!

I am a procedural n00b and apologize in advance if this is not exactly
what you're looking for. Let's iterate and get it to the digestible
point :)

In the next few months, I'll be working on and refining (with the help
of folks who are interested in the subject):

1) a detailed spec (I think it's called a working draft) for Web Components;

2) a Web Components explainer document, aimed at Web developers,
outlining how the component model works in conversational prose and
examples;

3) a comprehensive overview of goals, use cases, properties,
reasoning, and methodology behind the component model.

I expect that Web Components will completely supersed the XBL2 work
and address all of the use cases that originally motivated development
of XBL2.

All work is currently happening at
http://dglazkov.github.com/component-model/ and
http://wiki.whatwg.org/index.php?title=Component_Model.

As long as it doesn't slow me down, I am happy to adopt any procedural
conventions or places to work in -- if it's helpful in making WebApps
WG more coherent and beautiful.

:DG<