Re: [Selectors API 2] Is matchesSelector stable enough to unprefix in implementations?

On 11/22/11 6:50 AM, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Last time we had this discussion, you had a desire to keep the name
> prefixed until the refNodes and :scope stuff was implemented [1]. What's
> the status on that now?

The status is that I've given up on the :scope discussion reaching a
conclusion in finite time (esp. because it sounds like people would like
to change what it means depending on the name of the function being
called) and would be quite happy to ship an implementation that only
takes one argument.  Web pages can use .length on the function to detect
support for the two-argument version if that ever happens.

Any obvious problems with that plan?  I believe the one-argument version
is pretty clear in implementation terms, except for the name bit.

-Boris