Re: [Selectors API 2] Is matchesSelector stable enough to unprefix in implementations?

On 2011-11-21 16:22, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> What's the current state of matchesSelector? Are we confident enough in
> the name and such to unprefix it?

Last time we had this discussion, you had a desire to keep the name
prefixed until the refNodes and :scope stuff was implemented [1]. What's
the status on that now?

I'm not opposed to changing the name to something shorter though, since
all implementations I'm aware of are still prefixed.

I'm fine with either .matches() or .is(), but .matches would be
consistent with the naming of the proposed :matches() pseudo-class [2],
and has very similar functionality.  The differences being only the
syntactic restrictions on selectors used within the pseudo-class.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011AprJun/0123.html
[2] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#matches

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software