Re: Synchronous postMessage for Workers?

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:05:43 -0800
To: David Levin <levin@chromium.org>
Cc: Joshua Bell <jsbell@chromium.org>, public-webapps@w3.org
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:07 PM, David Levin <levin@chromium.org> wrote:
> It seems like this mechanism would deadlock a worker if two workers send
> each other a synchronous message.

Indeed. We can only allow child workers to block on parent workers.
Never the other way around.

I think in theory it would be possible to reverse the direction for
given parent/child pairs, but I'm not yet sure that that couldn't lead
to deadlocks. And I'm definitely not sure it's worth the complexity.

/ Jonas