Re: XHR content-type rewriting

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:55:37 +1300
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 11/17/11 2:18 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> - Opera and IE do not rewrite the type; so if the caller sets the wrong
> charset, this is what is sent to the server

Which on the face of it is broken....

> - Finally, only Firefox attempts to preserve the casing of the charset
> param - this may indicate that the workaround added for the
> aforementioned bug isn't needed anymore.

It indicates that the WebKit-based browsers are the only ones who end up
with a differently-cased charset if the page does set the right charset
in the "wrong" case.

Whether the workaround is needed then depends on server behavior.  Note
that there were multiple servers that ran into the issue back when we
added the workaround.

-Boris