Re: [XHR2] Disable new response types for sync XHR in Window context

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 16:47:56 +0100
To: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: "Webapps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "Olli Pettay" <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>, "olli@pettay.fi" <olli@pettay.fi>
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 20:33:38 +0100, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> So if I understand the proposal correctly:
>
> After .open has been called with async=false:
> * setting .responseType to anything other than "" throws
> InvalidAccessError
> * setting .wirthCredentials to true throws InvalidAccessError
>
> Additionally, when calling .open with async=false, throw
> InvalidAccessError if .responseType is set to anything other than ""
> or .withCredentials is true.

I implemented this in the specification, limited to XMLHttpRequest objects
that have an associated XMLHttpRequest document. (So it still works in a
Worker context.)

http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/xhr-source.diff?r1=1.126;r2=1.127;f=h

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/

> If that's the proposal, then this sounds good to me.

Yes, though I missed withCredentials.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/