Re: Web Messaging Intents, was: Re: [DRAFT] Web Intents Task Force Charter

So, to make things difficult again -- how do we monitor progress?
When I'm saving to the cloud, I want my XHR onprogress.

I don't need high-fidelity progress events -- they don't even make sense
when one server is copying to another,
but I do need something, otherwise we're back in the dark ages of
polling on a separate channel.

This is an area where a MessageChannel could be handy; even an
EventSource would work out,
though it feels a little awkward. It's only one way, which is all that's
needed, so maybe it's the right place to be looking.

http://dev.w3.org/html5/eventsource/

-Charles