Web&TV Use Cases (was Re: [DRAFT] Web Intents Task Force Charter)

From: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 10:25:22 +0100
To: "Rich Tibbett" <richt@opera.com>, "Robin Berjon" <robin@berjon.com>
Cc: "public-webapps Group WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 17:01:51 +0100, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Hi Rich,
> On Nov 10, 2011, at 16:27 , Rich Tibbett wrote:
>> Opera would like to explore Local Device and Local Network Discovery as
>> a subset of Web Intents.
> Yes, and that desire has been heard. As discussed last week, people
> interested in discovery need to bring their use cases to the intents TF
> so that we can figure out which just work, and for those that don't look
> at which of modifying intents or spawning a separate specification makes
> most sense.
Let me add one thing on this point: if it wasn't clear from the joint F2F,
the web&tv IG have been discussing use cases for few months and collected
them in a document that will be soon published as IG note.

This document collects major use cases we are looking into.

I'll send around the link to the final document once published, but note
that NO changes are expected.

Giuseppe Pascale
TV & Connected Devices
Opera Software