Web&TV Use Cases (was Re: [DRAFT] Web Intents Task Force Charter)

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 17:01:51 +0100, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> On Nov 10, 2011, at 16:27 , Rich Tibbett wrote:
>> Opera would like to explore Local Device and Local Network Discovery as
>> a subset of Web Intents.
>
> Yes, and that desire has been heard. As discussed last week, people
> interested in discovery need to bring their use cases to the intents TF
> so that we can figure out which just work, and for those that don't look
> at which of modifying intents or spawning a separate specification makes
> most sense.

Let me add one thing on this point: if it wasn't clear from the joint F2F,
the web&tv IG have been discussing use cases for few months and collected
them in a document that will be soon published as IG note.

This document collects major use cases we are looking into.
  http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/HNTF/Home_Network_TF_Requirements

I'll send around the link to the final document once published, but note
that NO changes are expected.

/g

--
Giuseppe Pascale