Re: What type should .findAll return

I'd like to see this thing smell like a normal Array, plus useful node
methods:

1. It should have at least all of the non-mutating Array methods on
> it. Possibly the mutating methods too if we allow the returned object
> to be mutable.

Agreed.

> 2. It should have a object on the prototype chain where we can insert
> functions that are specifically useful for lists of nodes. Examples
> include .find/.findAll/.matchesSelector/.remove/.addEventListener

It would be nice if it also had getElementsBy*. This object (ElementList?)
could be a beachhead allowing us to add more useful functionality to lists
of elements in the browser over time.

Since this is a totally new API, we're also not bound by the API for
individual nodes, so we could use shorter names, like .is() for
matchesSelector() and .on() for addEventListener.

> 3. It would be good if it had the Array prototype object on it's
> prototype chain so that if Array.prototype was extended, it would
> affect this object too.

Absolutely.

> 4. The object will *not* be live since live results from selector
> matching is slow.

Agreed.

Yehuda Katz
(ph) 718.877.1325