Web API Design Cookbook

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:08:33 +0100
To: public-webapps Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hi all,

several people have been asking for a repository of common practices in designing Web APIs. This has also been discussed in DAP and the Script Library CG.

I've taken a few ideas I heard, fleshed out one of the sections as an example, and put it up at:

   http://scriptlib-cg.github.com/api-design-cookbook/

The source is on GitHub (it will also be synced to the W3C server where the previous skeleton was stored):

   https://github.com/scriptlib-cg/api-design-cookbook

Everyone is welcome to contribute (either recipes or empty sections calling out the need for one). The way to do this is through the usual GitHub development process: fork, modify, and make a pull request to the editor.

Editing is handled from an organisation account, and I'm happy to add people to the organisation.