Re: [File API] Calling requestFileSystem with bad filesystem type

From: Eric U <ericu@google.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 09:59:51 -0700
To: Mark Pilgrim <pilgrim@google.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Mark Pilgrim <pilgrim@google.com> wrote:
> What should this do?
>
> requestFileSystem(2, 100, successCallback); // assume successCallback
> is defined properly

requestFileSystem doesn't throw, so you should get an errorCallback
call.  You haven't provided an errorCallback, so you should get a
silent failure.

It does seem like an error we could identify quickly enough to throw,
though, and in general I favor fail-fast for obviously bad parameters.
 Opinions?

    Eric