From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:03:42 -0700
To: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
CC: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, John Resig <jeresig@gmail.com>, Paul Irish <paulirish@google.com>, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
On 31/10/11 1:56 PM, Alex Russell wrote:
> Live NodeList instances don't need to be considered here. They're the
> result of an API which generates them, and that API can be described
> in terms of Proxies. No need to complicate NodeList or imply that we
> need a different type.
>
> Making NodeList instances real array unifies them all. We can get that done too.

Don't live and static NodeLists use the same prototype?  If they are
separate, I don't see any problem with making them "real arrays", but I
am not sure what the implications of that are.  Array.isArray == true, I
guess?  Do we have that ability within the bounds of ECMAScript yet?
Note that we can already make NodeList.prototype === Array.prototype if
we want, using appropriate Web IDL annotations.