From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 04:15:28 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
* Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Allowing "+ foo" but not "+ foo, + bar" would be "really weird".
>>
>> Tab, what specifically is weird about el.find("+ foo, + bar")?
>
>Seeing a combinator immediately after a comma just seems weird to me.

A "list of abbreviated selectors" is a more intuitive concept than "a
list of selectors where the first and only the first selector may be
abbreviated". List of <type> versus special case and arbitrary limit.
If one abbreviated selector isn't weird, then two shouldn't be either
if two selectors aren't weird on their own.