On 10/20/11 1:08 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I disagree.  It's extremely useful and natural for .find(":scope +
> div") to match sibling of the context node.

I really don't think it is.  If you want that, use document.find(":scope
+ div", context).

> Basically, the presence of :scope would turn off *all* the limitations

That's a _really_ bizarre behavior.  So in this case:

   foo.find(":scope + div, div")

what all divs in the document would be found?  Or is the "oh, ignore the
reference node except for matching :scope" meant to only apply on a
per-selector basis inside the selector list?  That has its own issues,
especially with performance (e.g. merging nodesets while preserving DOM
order).

-Boris