From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 20:50:45 -0400
To: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org
On 10/18/11 6:05 PM, Brian Kardell wrote:
> They would run in their own sandbox and they would have access to the
> parameters passed into the function by way of pattern.

OK; I think that people might have a pretty tough time with a
programming environment like that... but maybe.

> The 'match' in this case wouldn't be
> a mutable DOM element.  You can give it a smaller API by saying that
> the 'lite' version of the element that is passed in has no properties
> which might give you something mutable

So no properties at all?

>- or you can say that all
> methods/properties would also return immutable shadows of themselves.

It'd have to be that...

> I would be happy to walk through more detailed ideas in terms of what
> specifically that would look like if there were some kind of initial
> "yeah, that might work - its worth looking into some more" :)

On my part it's a "yeah, it might work, with a huge amount of effort,
probably disproportionate to the utility".  At least at first blush.

-Boris