Re: Mutation Observers: a replacement for DOM Mutation Events

From: Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:55:46 +0300
To: Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au>
CC: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Adam Klein <adamk@chromium.org>, public-webapps@w3.org, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, rafaelw@chromium.org, rniwa@chromium.org, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, annevk@opera.com, arv@chromium.org
On 10/13/2011 05:51 AM, Sean Hogan wrote:
> My main reservation towards the proposal is its complexity - it promises
> a lot and I will be surprised if it is as trivial to implement as you
> have implied. Even then, I'm expecting that it isn't the improvement
> (over the status-quo) that everyone is speculating. It's great that
> there is going to be an implementation real-soon-now so that my concerns
> can be allayed / confirmed.

I haven't said this API is trivial to implement.
In fact, it is a bit tricky to implement, but while I've been
implementing it, the API itself has felt pretty good.

-Olli