Re: Behavior Attachment Redux, was Re: HTML element content models vs. components

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 01:27:34 -0400
To: public-webapps@w3.org
On 10/3/11 5:32 AM, Roland Steiner wrote:
> <button IS=MYWIDGET>

> Cons:
> - harder to implement: there's a window during parsing (before reading
> the button) where it's still an ordinary button, requiring binding to be
> added afterwards

I assume you meant "before setting the attribute"?  I think working
around this in parsers is not a huge deal, honestly.  There are lots of
other elements that have weird "set once" attributes and bizarre
interactions with special-casing the element until all parser-created
attributes are set already.

> - unclear what happens if a HTML element with intrinsic shadow DOM is
> assigned a CSS binding

How is this different from x-mywidget inheriting from that HTML element?

Other than that, the summary looks about right.

-Boris