Re: [From-Origin] on "privacy leakage"

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 16:41:58 -0400
Cc: "Glenn Adams" <glenn@skynav.com>, "WebApps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Anne, Glenn,

Le 3 oct. 2011 à 05:07, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 16:49:38 +0200, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
>> The description of "privacy leakage" doesn't elaborate the issue
>> sufficiently. I'd suggest adding a reference to a more complete, external
>> document that discusses this in detail.
>
> It seems pretty clear to me. Any suggestions?

in http://www.w3.org/TR/from-origin/#introduction
Suggestion for rewriting privacy leakage:

    Privacy leakage — Web sites often provide services
    depending on third party Web sites (such as social
    network sign-in for commenting). These systems are
    storing credentials using cookies. It makes it
    possible to trigger the download of certain
    resources from the 1st party Web site. With this
    mechanism, the third party Web sites can gain
    knowledge on which first party Web site the visitor
    is signed on.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/