Re: [File API] Issue 182 about OperationNotAllowed

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2011, Arun Ranganathan wrote:
>>
>> Cc'ing Hixie as well to comment on what HTML might need.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, what HTML has now is fine (DOMException based
> on how DOM Core defines it).
>

>> > I'll leave this one for Anne. I personally don't care where the new
>> > strings are defined. Anne seemed to prefer to do it in the DOM4 (aka
>> > DOM Core) spec, but I don't think we want to block on that happening.
>>
>> I don't think we should block on DOM4 either.
>
> Isn't it already done? It's what HTML is using...

I looked at how for example WebSockets and EventSource exposes error
information. I would have thought in both cases that it would have
been done as a property on the websocket/eventsource object itself.
However I couldn't find any such property, and since the "error"
events fired by both specifications are simple Events it doesn't
appear as if the information is exposed on the event object either.

Do neither of these specifications make error information available?

/ Jonas