Re: [indexeddb] Exception type for NON_TRANSIENT_ERR code

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>wrote:

> On Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:04 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> > NON_TRANSIENT_ERR
> > I think in many cases we should simply throw a TypeError here. That seems
> > to match closely to how TypeError is used by WebIDL now.
>
> As I'm mapping the Exception codes to the new Exception type model, I
> thought we should mint a new type for NON_TRANSIENT_ERR, NonTransientError.
>  The reason is that TypeError seems to be designed to cover all intrinsic
> conversion cases and NON_TRANSIENT_ERR seems to be dealing with additional
> validation beyond what TypeError normally checks for.

As an aside, the current draft has IDBFactory.cmp() raise a
NON_TRANSIENT_ERR when an invalid key is used, but most of the other
functions that take keys  (IDBObjectStore.add/put/get/delete(), etc) raise a
DATA_ERR on invalid keys. It would be nice to be consistent in the case
where the explicitly specified key is invalid (vs. when it is a calculated
key).