RE: [indexeddb] New WebIDL Exception Model for IndexedDB

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 19:50:25 +0000 (UTC)
To: Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Sat, 1 Oct 2011, Israel Hilerio wrote:

> We believe it is simpler and closer to the intent on the WebIDL spec to
> say: Throws a DOMException of type " VersionError".
>
> Instead of having to explain what it means to throw a type as an
> exception: To throw a “VersionError” exception, a user agent would
> construct a DOMException exception whose type is " VersionError " and
> code exception field value is 0, and actually throw that object as an
> exception.

If you use WebIDL directly, don't forget to specify the value for the
'code' and 'message' attributes of the exception object.

(The reason I made the HTML spec use the DOM Core definition here is that
it takes care of all the various features of DOMException so I don't have
to worry about them at all.)