Biblio references and authors Re: RfC: LCWD of Web Socket API; comment deadline October 21

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:37:24 +0200
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>

On Friday, September 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> On 2011-09-29 18:28, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> > On September 29, aLCWD of Web Sockets API was published:
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-websockets-20110929/
> >
> > Please send all comments to public-webapps@w3.org (mailto:public-webapps@w3.org) by October 21.
>
> The reference for the Websocket Protocol (WSP) needs an updated author list.
Might be good if we stop including the name of authors in the references (because they do tend to change quite a bit over time). The reference document is hyperlinked, so what is the use case for including the author in a reference? I only see (very limited) value in stating if something is a work in progress, and the name of the organization that produced the document.