Re: [FileAPI] FileReader.abort() and File[Saver|Writer].abort have different behaviors

From: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:22:19 -0400
To: Eric U <ericu@google.com>
CC: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Kyle Huey <me@kylehuey.com>, public-webapps@w3.org, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
On 9/21/11 8:07 PM, Eric U wrote:
> Update: I have made the changes to FileWriter/FileSaver's event
> sequences; they now match FileReader.
> That's not to say it won't change pending discussion, but FileWriter
> should continue to match FileReader whatever else happens.
>
>        Eric
Eric:

After reading this email thread, and looking at your changes, I think
I'll make the following changes:

1. Tighten requirement on onprogress such that we mandate firing *at
least one* progress event with a must.  Right now this is unclear as you
point out, not least of all because we don't mandate the user agent
calling onprogress.
2. Include a discussion of the invariants Jonas mentions [1], so that
event order is fleshed in the event section.
3. Clarify exceptions to the 50ms event dispatch timeframe (notably for
progress events before load+loadend).

To be clear, you've decided we're NOT going to veer from XHR2's
abort/open behavior (and thus what FileReader says now) in
FileWriter/FileSaver right?

Is this a good summary of changes that we should make?

-- A*
[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JulSep/1512.html