Re: The algorithm to determine encoding for FileReader.readAsText() doesn't account for predefined content types

From: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:34:18 -0400
To: Eli Grey <me@eligrey.com>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org
On 7/12/11 8:20 PM, Eli Grey wrote:
> Shouldn't the algorithm for determining encoding for
> FileReader.readAsText() take in account the type property's charset
> parameter, if it exists? (e.g. a blob.type of
> "text/plain;charset=UTF-8")

Greetings Eli,

Apologies for the long delay in response time.  This email message got
lost somehow.

I think your suggestion is perfectly reasonable, and that the spec.
should allow for the type property also including a charset component.
If the two clash (namely, parameter with the charset production), we
should defer to the parameter IMHO.

-- A*