Re: Behavior Attachment Redux, was Re: HTML element content models vs. components

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:01:32 -0400
To: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>
CC: Hixie The Pixie <ianh@google.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
On 9/28/11 2:55 PM, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:
> So, this is really a parsing issue, right?

Parsing is one side of the issue, yes.  Only matters for declarative
markup, of course.

> Hixie, is this the same problem you were mentioned as "doesn't have
> fallback behavior"?

I would assume Hixie is also worried about this case:

   <form id="x" action="...">
     <script>
        var y = document.createElement("x-my-submit");
        document.getElementById("x").appendChild(y);
        // Can the form be submitted now?
        // What about in UAs that don't do component model?
     </script>
   </form>

which is the other part of the issue.

-Boris